MY PHOTOS AREN'T LOOKING THE WAY I'D LIKE THEM TO. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?
IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED OUR PRESETS AND YOUR PHOTOS AREN'T LOOKING QUITE RIGHT, HERE ARE SOME USEFUL EDITING TIPS AND TRICKS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR DESIRED RESULTS.
MY GO-TO LIGHTROOM APP EDITING TOOLS
1) WARMTH TOOL - The warmth tool is a key editing tool for many of our photos, and will ultimately be a powerful tool to adjust your photos. The warmth will often need to be increased or decreased depending on each photo. If your photos are looking super yellow or orange, this can be fixed by simply decreasing the warmth (this is found in the Color Tool), leaving you with a much cooler, balanced color on your photos.
2) EXPOSURE AND CONTRAST TOOLS - Sometimes your photos will need a bit more "POP" even after the preset has been applied. Experimenting with the contrast and exposure tools will easily solve this issue! If your photo is looking a bit outwashed and bright, try lowering the exposure and slightly increasing the contrast. If your photo is looking too dark, try increasing the exposure a little. Learning to navigate these tools are a key part in creating your perfect result.
3) VIBRANCE AND SATURATION TOOLS - The vibrance and saturation tools can also define the end result of your edit. If your photo is looking a bit TOO colorful and vibrant, these tools will help you fix that right away. Some of our presets may create an over-saturated look on your images, and in this case, lowering the saturation and slightly increasing the vibrance can give you a rich, beautiful tone while not looking overly done. Experiment with these color tools to create your ultimate "mood" for each photo.
OTHER FACTORS THAT GO INTO A GREAT RESULT
1) CHOOSING THE RIGHT PRESETS - Is your image ideal for the type of presets you are applying? We have organized our preset packs by category (i.e. Dreamy Sunset pack is for sunrise/sunset photos, Lush Greens is for grass, jungle, wildlife, green-tone photos, etc!) so if you are applying a sunset pack to a portrait, your skin tones may be extremely off. Try experimenting with different filters and see if this corrects the issue!
2) LIGHTING OF YOUR PHOTOS - Are your images being shot in ideal lighting? Sometimes, a photo that is too dark and underexposed, OR too washed out and overexposed, can be more difficult to edit properly. If your photo is overexposed (too much light) and you are trying to apply our presets, it can be adjusted with the editing tools BUT it will be more difficult to create a perfect, clean result and can still end up looking very washed out.
3) TYPE OF CAMERA - These mobile presets are perfect for iPhone shots OR professional camera shots, however, you cannot compare the two. Mobile phone shots will definitely look amazing, but camera images shot on RAW are always going to look a little cleaner, sharper and more "professional".
4) LOCATION - No two photos are alike - especially when the locations are different! For example, you cannot expect to achieve the same type of coloring on a photo in Mexico compared to a photo someone else takes in Iceland. Location, surroundings, lighting, angles, lens used and other equipment, etc. are all very key factors that go into a photo. Don't expect to achieve the same exact result as someone else's images every time! Create your own style, own color, own vibe, and you will probably love it even more because it's yours!
FOR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR ASSISTANCE REGARDING YOUR PRESETS, PLEASE CONTACT INFO@EFFORTLYSSPRESETS.COM.